The successful HSE Officer will take responsibility for managing Health & Safety compliance, establishing the setting of high standards and creating an effective monitoring regime for measuring compliance. This will also include managing specific processes, training, advising and communicating with employees.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required
• Experience in a safety advisory role
• Experience in handling and carrying out incident investigations
• Liaising with external consultants
• Ability to give sound competent advice to all stakeholders.
• HSE Risk Assessments
• COSHH Assessments
• DSE Assessments
• Legionella Monitoring
• Weekly Fire Safety Monitoring
• Experience in the aviation industry
Essential Qualifications Desirable Qualifications
• NEBOSH (National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety)
• CRQ Certificate in Applied Health & Safety
• Essential Technical Competencies
• Undertaking ‘active’ monitoring and auditing of the companies site
• Undertaking regular inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly adhered to, recommending changes if required
• Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
• Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements and following up on corrective actions, responsible for ensuring effective close out of corrective actions raised, open incident reports, and significant issues.
• Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers and the Leadership Team to communicate status
• Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred.
• Investigating incidents and producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement
• Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry through regular reading of journals and relevant website/ site visits
Essential Non-Technical Competencies
• Responsible attitude, professional approach to work.
• Communicate appropriately with a range of audiences including peers, senior colleagues and specialists.
• Ability to make sound judgement under pressure.
• Able to work on own initiative or as part of a team, friendly and approachable
• Excellent Time Management and organisational skills.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a range of people and to give presentations to groups.
• Negotiating skills to convince managers of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation.
• Ability to persuade and influence to modify behaviours with patience and diplomacy, the role requires a collaborative approach.
• Ability to adapt and respond to changing situations
• An investigative mind.
• Attention to detail.
• A flexible approach to work
• Problem solver
• Leadership/Management Competencies
Core Responsibilities and Duties/Skills
• Provide accurate and timely advice to managers and employees
• Good report writing skills
• Strong H&S awareness
• Ability to produce effective and compliant risk assessments
• Liaising with the Safety & Compliance Manager with investigation reports.
• ICT Skills
• Accuracy (including record keeping).
Location: Based at Cranwell, responsible for Cranwell, Barkston Heath and Valley
Please note this is a part-time role.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Alex.Davison@AffinityFTS.co.uk
Closing date 21st September 2018