We are currently looking for a Buyer to join our team at RAF Cranwell initially on a fixed term basis for a period of 6 months with the possibility of becoming a permanent role. This interesting and varied role is primarily to coordinate the purchase of aircraft components, arrange domestic and overseas shipping from all base locations and provide support for the procurement needs to the wider organisation.
Affinity Flying Services are contracted as the Fixed Wing Service Provider under the UKMFTS PFI Contract. We will provide Aircraft to be used by the Military to deliver Elementary Flying Training (EFT) and Multi Engine Flying Training with both EASA and MAA Part M and Part 145 approvals across multiple sites.
To be considered for this position, it is essential for you to have:
- have previous Procurement or Buyer Experience
- be able to confidently manage data from multiple sources and ensure a single joined up message is relayed within a managed time frame
- to have strong analytical skills with the ability to summarise and present data succinctly
- to be able to evaluate and develop strong relationships with potential suppliers and work well with existing suppliers
- be confident with price and delivery negotiations and able to prioritise projects with critical demands
- have excellent Microsoft excel skills
- have effective communication skills
It is also desirable but not essential for you to:
- have experience in working with ERP Systems e.g. RAL, SAP, AMIS, IAS, Aerotract, AMOS
- have a CIPS qualification or working towards if already have level 3 or 4
- have experience with import and exports, customs and logistics
This is a full-time position based on 40 hours a week.
For further information about this role, please click here for a job description.
In return we can offer an empowered and supportive environment, supported by a competitive package. The successful candidate will be required to undertake MOD Security clearance and hold the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to security clearance which includes 3 years’ reference checks. Verification of any essential qualifications/licences/passport must be shown at the interview stage.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 14th August 2020.