Affinity Flying Services are contracted as the Fixed Wing Service Provider under the UKMFTS PFI Contract. We have been chosen to provide Aircraft to be used by the Military to deliver Elementary Flying Training (EFT) and Multi Engine Flying Training with both EASA and MAA Part M and Part 145 approvals.
This role will encompass but is not limited to the following.
- To assist in the ground movement of Aircraft;
- To carry-out Flight-line operations i.e. Preparation of aircraft for daily flying, dispatch and recovery prior to and post flight;
- To carry out scheduled maintenance, support defect investigation and assist with Schedule maintenance in accordance with the Maintenance Programme, Maintenance Publications and Company Procedures;
- Carry out engineering tasks within both CAA & MAA Regularity requirements;
- Complete accurately “all” engineering documentation in accordance with procedures and frameworks;
- Correct filing and control of certification documentation to ensure traceability at all times;
- Provide Manual Handling support on a daily basis, in addition to driving activities, including refueller activities, if selected for training to HGV/ADR standards (including driver medical)
- Experience in anti-corrosion control and rectification on aircraft – desirable
- Comply with all Company Health, Safety and Environmental procedures – including but not limited to the Company licenced area at RAF Valley.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Recognised Aircraft Apprenticeship, City & Guilds Part 3, or NVQ Level 3 or Military Equivalent;
- Clearly display your Aircraft background skills and knowledge bias i.e. Mechanical (Airframe & Propulsion) or Avionics/Electronics;
- Experience within a Military or Civil Aviation Environment;
- Ability to express strong practical and theoretical standards at all times within the workplace;
- Knowledge of working practices within an MoD Aircraft Environment is preferred, but training will be provided;
- Competent ICT Skills experience preferred but not essential as training will be given to the right candidate in order to utilise our electronic IFS Aviation Management System;
- Takes personal responsibility for own actions and actions of others within Affinity;
- Committed to demonstrating a two-way engagement with all customers and stakeholders including people within the Company;
- Possess a flexible “can do” attitude;
- Good level of written and oral communication;
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
The successful candidates will be required to undertake MOD Security clearance and hold the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to security clearance which includes 3 years’ reference checks.
Verification of any essential qualifications/licenses/passport must be shown at the interview stage.
To apply please email your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18th October 2019