This role will be responsible for leading the day to day financial functions of the business which is comprised of three arm’s length legal entities. The position reports to the Finance Director and includes direct supervision and support from a Financial Accountant and a Payroll & Transactional Accounting Supervisor. This is a key position, acting as finance business partner to both Operational management and the wider business.
Affinity Flying Services are contracted as the Fixed Wing Service Provider under the UKMFTS PFI Contract. We will provide Aircraft to be used by the Military to deliver Elementary Flying Training (EFT) and Multi Engine Flying Training with both EASA and MAA Part M and Part 145 approvals across multiple sites.
To be considered for this position, it is essential for you to have:
- Degree or equivalent higher education.
- Qualified accountant – CIMA, ACCA or ICAEW.
- Minimum 3 years PQE, or 10 years in relevant accounting roles.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including pivot tables, lookups and financial modelling.
- Use of integrated accounting systems. Knowledge of Access Dimensions an advantage.
- Experience of stock accounting.
- Exposure to preparation of UK corporate tax and VAT returns.
- Previous supervisory experience.
This role is 40hrs, fixed term 9-12months.
For further information about this role, please click here for a job description.
In return we can offer an empowered and supportive environment, supported by a competitive package. The successful candidate will be required to undertake MOD Security clearance and hold the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to security clearance which includes 3 years’ reference checks. Verification of any essential qualifications/licences/passport must be shown at the interview stage.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the closing date of 29th November 2019