Licensed Aircraft Engineer B1.1 – RAF Valley (Anglesey)
We are looking to appoint a current type rated experienced B1.1 Licensed Aircraft Engineers to join our team in RAF Valley (North Wales). Our LAE’s carry out line, base and associated maintenance duties working on a Texan T6 aircraft. You will possess a desire to contribute to the success and growth of our business.
Affinity Flying Services are contracted as the Fixed Wing Service Provider under the UKMFTS PFI Contract. We will provide Aircraft to be used by the Military to deliver Elementary Flying Training (EFT) and Multi Engine Flying Training with both EASA and MAA Part M and Part 145 approvals across multiple sites.
Key Qualifications and Accountabilities for this role will encompass the following requirements.
- Good knowledge of CAA & EASA Regulations/Procedures
- Knowledge of EASA and MAA Part M and Part 145 approvals
- Supervisory experience in military/civilian aircraft engineering and maintenance of airworthiness standards
- Supervisor experience in Shift Control – desirable
- Recognised Aircraft Apprenticeship, Military/Civilian Experience, NVQ3 or equivalent
- Fixed/Rotary Wing Experience – desirable
- Detailed understanding of all Civil and Military Airworthiness Safety Regulations
- Articulate in written and oral communication
Technical Competencies Required:
- Provision of a CRS Signature to release aircraft to service
- Identify and rectify defects on aircraft
- Carry out and supervise schedule maintenances
- Complete all documentation in accordance with current legislation and Company procedures
- Promote Airworthiness, Safety Standards and Quality Control within an Aircraft Engineering environment at all times
- Knowledge and understanding of gas turbine engines (turbo props)
- Airframe/Propulsion Systems experience and knowledge
- Experience of undertaking ARCs
- Experience of anti-corrosion control and rectification on aircraft essential
- Experience with ejection seats preferred
- Provide and promote “On the Job Training”
- Promote and endorse a positive Quality and Health & Safety culture
- Good Engineering problem solving skills
- Champion the expected high standards of engineering excellence
- Positive Flexible “can-do” attitude is essential
- Stimulate an ability to work as part of a team
- Committed to demonstrating a two-way engagement with all customers and stakeholders
- IT Skills and proficient use of MS Office Applications is essential
- Current Human Factors
- Full UK Driving Licence
In return we can offer an empowered and supportive environment, supported by a competitive package.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake MOD Security clearance and hold the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to security clearance which includes 3 years’ reference checks.
Verification of any essential qualifications/licences/passport must be shown at the interview stage.
To apply please email your cv and covering letter to email@example.com